Viola was presented with the challenge of working on a four story building built in 2008 with water damage that possessed significant obstacles:
Install scaffolding around building perimeter containing multi-level exterior decks, metal balconies, wood trellises, and stairways; protect pedestrian traffic during demolition and construction; carefully test and remove mold, deteriorated wood framing and sheathing; cover exposed areas during inclement weather; while protecting existing finishes. Successful teamwork completed this project on time with no injuries!
- 75,526 SF Condominium building including 46 luxury condominiums and 7 commercial units surrounding a second level Paseo podium deck with parking below grade.
- Remove majority of existing lath, plaster, weather resistive barrier, sheet metal, and deteriorated wood framing or sheathing.
- Remove finished substrate material, thresholds, horizontal waterproofing, deteriorated base flashing, all handrails, light fixtures and copper downspouts.
- Mitigate negative slope at exterior balconies, stairs, walkways and Paseo areas.
- Install new flashing, waterproofing, pedestal pavers, Saltillo tile, and concrete finishes.
- Install new sheathing, flashing, lath, WRB, plaster, accessories, and elastomeric plaster coating.